Golden girl Jessica Ennis proves that she's a model athlete in glossy photoshoot

By Mail On Sunday Reporter


As one of Team GB’s greatest medal hopes for this summer’s Olympics, she is more often seen on the running track.
But these pictures show Jessica Ennis would look equally at home on the catwalk.

The 26-year-old heptathlete from Sheffield broke into her arduous training schedule to star in a fashion shoot for a glossy magazine.

And in an accompanying interview, Jessica admits she loves to ‘glam up’. ‘Because I’m in tracksuits all the time at training, I like to get dressed up and get my hair and make-up done,’ she says.

‘I’ve done quite a few shoots, but I’m not a model so it’s still quite alien to me, though I do enjoy doing them. When you’re working with a good photographer and you get some direction, it’s great.’

Jessica’s fiance, construction site manager Andy Hill, proposed to her on Christmas Eve 2010, but their wedding plans are on hold until after the Games – and her eye is firmly on the top prize.

‘First and foremost, I’ll be there to try to win gold, but what makes the Olympics different from any other competition are the other sports involved and staying in the Olympic Village,’ she says. ‘I might try to sit next to David Beckham in the canteen if he gets into the football team!’

With just over five months until the opening ceremony, she admits to being nervous about the prospect of millions of people around the world watching her perform. ‘Now it has become real – and it’s on my mind,’ she says.

‘I’m anxious to know what the year is going to bring, but really looking forward to it, too.’

The photographs appear in the latest issue of Podium magazine.


Jessica in her usual attire after a win and in the latest issue of the magazine



source:dailymail