In The Mane Of Love! Katie Price sits astride a rearing black horse as she celebrates the launch of her eighth novel

Labels:

By Holly Thomas


..She's been known to cause a stir at her book launches in the past.

But usually, Katie Price's attention-seeking strategy is based on simply baring a generous amount of flesh.

The glamour model took things a step further as she celebrated the release of her eighth novel In The Name of Love at a West London studio today.

Katie wore a red and gold halterneck costume featuring a long layered train, which fell over the back of her horse, three-year-old Dante.

Scroll down for video

Riding high: Katie Price celebrated the launch of her eighth novel In The Name Of Love in West London today

Perhaps as a nod to safety, she also wore some sturdy-looking shiny gold booths, and glittery red gloves.

Katie completed her look with a red headdress, and scarlet lipstick teamed with smoked-out eyes.

She showed off her equestrian skills as she let the horse rear, creating a dramatic effect in front of the giant book poster.


Animal lover: Katie was attentive to her steed, leaning over to stroke it after their stunt

Safety first: Perhaps as a nod to safety, she also wore some sturdy-looking shiny gold booths, and glittery red gloves

Katie was attentive to her steed, leaning over to stroke it after their stunt.

It appears the usually confident blonde was rather nervous about today's challenge.

She tweeted earlier today: 'Nearly ready for my press call which I'm really nervous about today as it is a stunt today and hope it goes well as its dangerous'.

Ought to grab some attention: Katie wore a red and gold halterneck costume featuring a long layered train, which fell over the back of her horse, three-year-old Dante

Katie has confessed that she would love to write steamier novels but feels restricted by her readership.

'I'd like to do the sex scenes a bit more raunchier but I can't because of my fanbase,'she admitted.

'I'm quite happy how I do this but I'd like to do crime (fiction).'

Few nerves: Katie was understandably a little scared before performing the stunt

The book follows a sports presenter, Charlie, who falls for Felipe, a Spanish ho
rse rider tipped for a medal at the 2012 Olympics.

Katie explained: 'This book seems a coincidence but I had a really bad horse accident last year involving a vehicle and two horses died in my arms.'

'At the beginning of the book there's a horse accident so that's really weird that I'd already done the book and it really did happen.'

Pulled it off: Katie was visibly relieved when the difficult part was over

The reality star said the Spanish male lead was inspired by her Argentinian fiance Leandro Penna.

'Charlie meets a Spanish guy and I've met a Spanish guy. But Felipe in the book could speak English but my one couldn't so it's not exactly right,' she divulged.


Not your usual riding gear: Katie showed off her skirt to full effect once she dismounted

Asked about rumours she is going to appear in a raunchy Argentinian TV dance programme, the mother-of-three said: 'They have asked me to do it, I would like to do it but it's just trying to fit it in. You've got the kids' summer holidays coming up; I like to take them away.'

'It's not up the road, it's like a 13-hour flight. I'd be doing it for fun, I wouldn't be taking it seriously. I'm not a dancer.'




source:dailymail