'Everything I say and everything I do is wrong': Alex Reid becomes a 'pregnant man' as he tries to empathise with fiancée Chantelle Houghton

Labels:

By Emily Sheridan


They've had a rocky few weeks, with Chantelle Houghton even moving - albeit briefly - out of their Essex home.

So in a bid to empathise with his heavily-pregnant fiancée, Alex Reid became a 'pregnant man' for the day in a new magazine photoshoot.

In a sequence of quirky photos, the 36-year-old is seen struggling as he does the washing-up, mopping the floor and carrying the groceries - echoing images of the glamour model doing the latter a few weeks ago.

Putting himself in Chantelle's shoes: Cagefighter Alex Reid shows off his fake 'baby bump' in a new photoshoot for Now magazine

In the accompanying interview, Alex admits he's baffled by the problems they have been having, but admit his bride-to-be's pregnancy hormones may be a factor.

Two weeks ago, Chantelle briefly left their house after an argument, but returned a few days later.

Explaining the argument, Alex tells the new issue of Now magazine: 'We have fights.

Who doesn’t? But all her stuff is still at my place, er, I mean our place. I still love her and can’t wait to marry her and bring up our family together.'

Heavy load: 'Pregnant' Alex struggles with the shopping bags... just as his fiancée was pictured doing so a few weeks ago

When asked what triggered the row, he replied: 'I wish I knew. There are only two things I do wrong at the moment: everything I say and everything I do....

'I breathe wrongly and I get my throat jumped down.'

Alex believes a majority of their problems stem from her insecurity, after she reacted with fury to him discussing his ex-wife Katie Price in an interview and exchanging private, but innocent messages with her former protégée Amy Willerton on Twitter.

Dubbing Chantelle's reaction over the 'Willerton situation... ridiculous', he also described her response to his Katie interview questions as 'upsetting'.


Carrying this baby around is back-breaking stuff: Reid pretends to wince with pain as he mops the floor


This bump keeps getting in the way! 'Pregnant' Alex does the washing-up

Throughout her pregnancy, Chantelle admitted she has been paranoid about herself and the baby.

She was briefly hospitalised in March when doctors found out she had an irregular heartbeat - Supraventricular Tachycardia, which is a relatively common condition during pregnancy.

At the time, she said: 'I worry that something will happen to me, that the baby will be born and I won't be here.

'That doctors said that when you're in labour your heart goes up even more and so I'm terrified of the whole thing.

'I also worry that I will go into labour early and then who knows what will happen.'

In an interview earlier this month, she admitted she was scared of being in their house alone while Alex was off on tour.

She told OK! magazine: 'I’m terrified in the house on my own. I’m so scared.

'Late at night I lie awake scared. I stay in the little room right at the back of the house where no one can get me and in can climb into the cupboard and hide.'

Chantelle, who started dating Alex in April last year, is due to give birth in late June.



source:dailymail