Has Paris Jackson cut her hair in homage to Miley Cyrus? Michael's teenage daughter posts snap of dramatic crop style

Labels: ,

By Jade Watkins


She is known for her long gorgeous brown locks.

But it may well be that Paris Jackson has chopped them off.

As the 14-year-old daughter of the late Michael Jackson has posted a picture of herself with a dramatic shorter do.

Pixie-crop: Paris Jackson appears to have cut her hair into a shorter cropped hairstyle much like Miley Cyrus's new hairdo, or is she just wearing a wig?

In the snap, uploaded to Twitter and Instagram, the teenager is seen with a very short crop which is also lighter than her usual hue.

Paris also looks doll-like as she opens up her big blue eyes, which have been made up with a heavy application of eyeliner, very wide.

It appears that the picture was taken in a hairdressing salon, however there is some mystery surrounding the new style.

Paris seemed to be getting some negative feedback about the move as she tweeted on Friday: 'That awkward moment when everyone is saying no to doing the right thing…… if i want to cut my hair and donate it I'd appreciate SOME support.'

She later posted the snap, accompanied with a caption: 'how about this one?' leading to speculation that she may have just been wearing a wig.

Her look is also very reminiscent of Miley Cyrus, who recently received huge criticism when she cut off all her hair into a platinum punk-style blonde crop.

Her usual style: Paris is known for her long flowing brunette locks

In Paris's snap the teen is also seen posing very similarly to Miley, when the 19-year-old Hannah Montana star first introduced her haircut to the world, again, via Twitter.

The last time Paris was seen with her long locks was when she hit a mall in Century City, California, earlier this month.
The teen was out with a group of friends including a mystery handsome young man.

The daughter of the late Michael Jackson - widely recognised as one of the greatest performers in history - recent spoke out about growing up and her struggle to carve out her own identity.

Growing up fast: Paris has become quite the independent young lady

She told US Glamour magazine: 'I love my dad, and I'm proud to be his daughter. I just don't think the title "M.J.'s daughter" fits me.

'A lot of people think he's the only reason I'm making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person.'

Paris' decision to pursue an acting career - which has so far seen her cast in fantasy film Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys - has been controversial among her family, with some supporting her, but others reportedly trying to keep Paris and her brothers, Prince Michael I, 15, and Prince Michael II, 10, out of the spotlight until they are at least 18.

Hinting at the tension within the Jackson family, she said: 'A lot of people don't want me to do it, but Aunt LaToya believes in me. She heard me play a little guitar and sing, and she started clapping, "Oh my God, oh my God."

Close: Paris is very close to her two brothers, Blanket and Prince Michael Jackson

'She really does encourage me; it's just awesome of her.'

Paris has also faced taunts from bullies at school, but remains defiant.

She said: 'A ton of kids at school have made fun of me; if I have to give advice to other girls, I would say, "Hang loose and ignore them."

'They shouldn't faze you no matter how popular they think they are.'

Tragedy: Paris lost her father Michael when he passed away in June 2009


source:dailymail