'Rylan looks great... but the man CAN'T SING!' Axed X Factor star Joseph Whelan blasts Essex boy Clark as he says show is fixed

Labels: , ,

By Sarah Bull


•Whelan was a fan favourite before being axed on Sunday night
•But said he didn't regret taking part in the ITV show
•Rylan has responded with a foul-mouthed rant on Twitter


He had been one of the favourites to win The X Factor, after wowing viewers with his incredible voice and sexy looks.

But after being sensationally axed from the ITV programme after the bootcamp stage of the show last weekend, single father Joseph Whelan has hit out at the series - accusing it of being a fix.

Whelan made the claims as he blasted bosses for putting through Rylan Clark instead, insisting the Essex-born star got through to judges' houses on his looks and personality instead of his vocal talent.

Scroll down for videos

It's a fix! Joseph Whelan has blasted The X Factor after he was axed from the show on Sunday night

He told The Sun: 'Rylan has a great look and great personality – but the man can’t sing!'

Whelan, who was tipped as a favourite among fans after performing Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love in his first audition, added that he had no idea he was going to be axed from the show, because bosses had been continually tipping him for success.

He said: 'The X Factor set me up for a fall. They shafted me by praising me so highly – then sending me home.

'He just can't sing!' Whelan also accused bosses of wanting to cause controversy by putting through eccentric star Rylan Clark

Favourite: Whelan won over viewers with his vocal talents and rocker voice

'I nailed all three of my performances and didn’t get one negative comment from the judges. So I was in complete shock when they kicked me out.

'But the X Factor loves controversy. They obviously decided the backlash was worth getting rid of me for.'

However, after hearing Whelan's comments, Rylan was quick to respond, using his Twitter page to launch a foul-mouthed rant.

'He's got a great look': Former model Rylan has entertained viewers with his unique voice and outrageous look

Styling it up: Rylan's outfits have been getting increasingly outrageous during his time on The X Factor

He tweeted: 'I've been told not to react to all the s**t on here but sorry, I'm a mouthy b*****d so I'm gonna. I've earned my place at judges houses just like every other person in this comp, not everyone is going to like me I know that.

'But don't judge me for doing something I've always wanted to do, for those who are supportive thank you so much, it means the world. For those than ain't. Go and have a w**k.'
Whelan then wrote on his Twitter page: 'Please guys don't blame @RylanClark for the @TheXFactor decision. He is a great guy and I wish him all the best. He is born to be a celeb X'

Along with Rylan, the other boys going through to the judges' houses stage of The X Factor are Jahmene Douglas, Jake Quickenden, James Arthur, Nathan Fagle-Gayle and Adam Burridge.

The boys: Jahmene Douglas, Nathan Fagle-Gayle, Jake Quickenden, Adam Burridge and James Arthur with Rylan

However, many fans are less than impressed that Whelan didn't make the cut, with some even starting a Facebook campaign to get him back on the show.

But Whelan added that he doesn't regret taking part in the show, saying: 'I’m not sorry I entered, though. Despite everything, it has been a great platform for me.

'Maybe I’ll beat the winner to the Christmas No1 this year.'

An X Factor spokesman told The Sun of Whelan's fix claims: 'The standard is very high this year and not all acts can make it through to the next stage.'





source:dailymail