'That scary, cartoony thing was me two years ago... I've grown into fashion': Jessie J opens up about her style makeover as she poses for stunning shoot

Labels:

By Sarah Bull


..She was once famous for her outrageous ensembles and crazy experimentation when it came to her hair and make-up.

But after sacking her former stylist, Jessie J can usually be found wearing more sophisticated, elegant outfits, saying she had initially needed a style to catch the public's attention.

The 24-year-old singer made the admission as she posed for a stunning photoshoot in Britain's Elle magazine.

Transformation: Jessie J has opened up about her style makeover as she poses for a stunning shoot in Britain's ELLE magazine

She said: 'That really scary, spiky, cartoony kind of thing, that was me two or three years ago.

'Now, I'm definitely more embracing of myself as a woman and my sexuality and just being a bit more feminine.

'I've always wanted to look like this, but it didn't grab people's attention. And in the beginning you've always got to do something that's going to make people go, "Who's that?" '

Leggy: The 24-year-old singer shows off her enviable figure in the shoot

And Jessie said she is so thrilled with her new look, that she is even hoping to use her fashion sense as she embarks upon a collaboration with designer Stella McCartney.

She said: 'I just spoke to her and we're hopefully going to work together soon. She's an incredible designer. There's one playsuit, black, white gold belted. I'm definitely growing into fashion.

'It’s about confidence. Maybe I was a bit scared. I was a bit insecure about my body, about being too grown up.

'But I was a girl and now I’m a woman and I want to make sure I enjoy it.'

Jessie also spoke about her personal life, and insisted that she isn't 'defined' by her sexuality and just wants to be with someone who makes her happy, whether that is a man or a woman.

She told Elle magazine: 'It's one of those things where they labelled me. Sexuality shouldn't define anyone. It doesn't define me.

'Love should be at the core of what you do. I'm only interested in finding love now.'
And when it comes to her relationships, Jessie said she 'definitely' sees marriage and children in her future.

She said: 'I definitely want to get married and have kids and it’s just about making sure that the person who I meet and that I do that with is right for me.'

Back in the day: Jessie has certainly come a long way from her first years in the industry


source:dailymail