Nancy Dell'Olio survives to dance another day as Rory Bremner Cha cha chas off Strictly

Labels: , , ,

By SARA NATHAN


Waiting game: Comedian Rory Bremner and his professional partner Erin Boag were the latest to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Comedian Rory Bremner tonight admitted he nearly wept as he told his children he had got the boot from Strictly Come Dancing, saying: 'I feel like I let them down.'

The 50-year-old star went head to head with Nancy Dell’Olio after both got the lowest amount of public votes.

But it was famed impressionist Bremner who got the push from the BBC ballroom hit after being accused of having 'flat feet' following his Cha cha cha with partner Erin Boag.

Bremner, who is married to artist Tessa Campbell Fraser, told the Daily Mail that he was most worried about upsetting his daughters Ava, nine, and seven-year-old Lila.

He said: 'I’m very sad, I had to come home and tell my children. They were so excited after watching Saturday’s show and I had to take them in a corner and tell them that it was over.

'I have a lump in my throat, I do feel I let them down, but I get it my best shot.'

When asked why he thought Miss Dell’Olio, 50, had managed to cling on to safety for yet another week – after being in the bottom two for two weeks running – Bremner admitted: 'Nancy is fantastically entertaining.

I will survive: Nancy Dell'Olio and her professional partner Anton Du Beke managed to survive another week

'When she dances with Anton, it’s like watching a driving lesson.

'She’s an extraordinary force of nature and she is good at what she does.

'But, of course, it’s more than a dancing competition, it’s an entertainment competition.'

The former lover of ex-England manager Sven Goran Eriksson - who was saved by the public last week - and dance partner Anton Du Beke only received 18 points from the panel for their paso doble.

'I'm very sad': Bremner hugs Boag after learning of his impending exit

Tension: The two couples wait to find out who will be evicted from the show

Alesha Dixon told her: 'In this dance, you were bit of a rag doll, counting out loud and being thrown about like a rag doll by Anton. I loved it.'

While Craig Revel Horwood told her: 'I think secretly there is talent beneath the surface.'

Bremner said she was 'unique', adding: 'I don’t think she’s feeling humiliated, she’s smart enough to know what she’s doing.

Last Dance: Bremner twirls his partner around the floor as they enjoy their last dance together

'Like everyone, good on her - she makes me smile, we all love her.'

Bremner described his prior dancing experience as 'Scottish country dancing, which is essentially a contact sport'.

He revealed he had lost a stone in weight and two inches around his waist ‘that I won’t miss’, and vowed to take his wife to dancing lessons.

Farewell: Boag thanks Bremner for being such an entertaining partner

Farewell our funny guy: The contestants rally around Bremner as he says goodbye

He said: 'You put your heart into this show then you fall through a trap door and it’s back to real life, which is less colourful.

'But on the positive side, it’s half term so I’ll get to spend three days with my children, so I’m excited about that.'

When asked if he would join the Strictly dance tour, Bremner joked: 'Craig Revel Horwood is directing it this year and considering he referred to me as a ‘rat stuck on a sticky strip’ and called me flat-footed, gawky and geeky, I’d be very surprised to be asked!'


Harsh words: The judges had told Bremner he had 'flat feet' following his Cha cha cha on Saturday's show

Results from Voting Week 4 - Strictly Come Dancing 2011



source: dailymail