'Being a single parent was so stressful': Reese Witherspoon says it's a relief to be remarried

Labels:

By Chris Johnson


Alluring: Reese Witherspoon poses for this month's Marie Claire magazine and opens up in an accompanying interview


Reese Witherspoon has opened up about her struggle as a single parent following her divorce from Ryan Phillippe.

The 35-year-old actress says the years after the split were incredibly stressful - but reveals she now feels 'relief and an incredible amount of support' from her new husband Jim Toth, who she married in March.

Reese had two children with Cruel Intentions star Ryan - Ava, 12, and eight-year-old Deacon - before their eight-year marriage ended in divorce in 2007.


Speaking about the dark period that followed, the Oscar-winning Walk The Line star told Marie Claire magazine: 'I was hard on myself when I got divorced.

'And until I got remarried, I don’t think I realised how stressed I was.

'I feel so much relief. I don’t think I realised how stressed I was being a single parent. It was really, really stressful. It’s not easy on anybody.'

Pretty in pink: The Oscar-winning actress talks about her struggle as a single parent after her divorce and her relief at getting remarried


In early 2010 she started dating Hollywood talent agent Jim. They married at her sprawling California ranch in March.

Reese speaks lovingly of her new man in the interview with the U.S. edition of the magazine, gracing the cover looking pretty in pink while posing inside in an arty black and white shot with her legs on show.

She says she feels 'blessed' to have found love with Jim and talks up how great he is with her two children.

Happy again: Reese talks up how brilliant new husband Jim Toth is with her children Ava and Deacon, pictured today in Los Angeles

'You know, somebody close to me once said, "Oh, no man will ever accept your children." And I just thought it was the most horrifying thing someone has ever said to me in my entire life,' she said.

'I was determined to find somebody who would make that not true. And I got lucky. I did. I got very lucky, and he's wonderful. And so wonderful with the children. I'm very blessed.'

Reese met Ryan at her 21st birthday party. She married him aged 23.

Two years before their marriage was dissolved they attended marriage counselling.
But in 2006 they separated before their 2007 divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.


source:dailymail