'I was so shocked!' Rebecca Ferguson reveals her upset after ex-boyfriend Zayn Malik branded their romance 'a mistake'

Labels:

By Kimberley Dadds


She must have been rocked when her ex-boyfriend Zayn Malik ended his silence on their break-up and dubbed their romance 'a mistake' to the press last week.

And now Rebecca Ferguson has opened up for the first time about how his comments shocked her.

The former X Factor star, who dated the One Direction singer for four months last year, has admitted she was stunned to hear his remarks.

Reaction: Rebecca Ferguson has admitted she felt 'shocked' when she heard that her ex-boyfriend Zayn Malik dubbed their romance 'a mistake' last week

Zayn told New! magazine last week: 'It shouldn't have happened. It was just a wrong idea from the start.

'It did end quite badly so we don't talk any more. We're not in touch at all.'

And now Ferguson has spoken out in this week's new! magazine to address his words.

She told the magazine: 'I was so shocked by what he said! But I'm not going to retaliate.'

Rebecca and Zayn famously had a four month romance in 2011, which caused controversy due to their six year age gap, his age at the time being 18 and the fact she was mother to two children.

Exes: Rebecca was upset by the One Direction star's comments but has refused to give details about their break-up

New love: Zayn is now dating Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards, who at 19 is much closer to his age

But the singer is defending their relationship, while refusing to go into detail about their split.

She added to the publication: 'I'm not one to reveal big secrets about what's gone on in a relationship, and I think he was probably put up to this. I know him too well to think he'd say it deliberately.

'I won't talk about what went wrong between us but he knows what happened. And it is what it is.'

And instead of biting back and revealing their secrets, Rebecca has even praised his new girlfriend, Little Mix's Perrie Edwards.

She said: 'I am a fan of the Little Mix girls and she seems lovely. I think they're good together.'

In January, Rebecca defended their relationship, admitting she didn't know why she got so much negative press over it.

While discussing her romance with Zayn, she hit out at his One Direction band mate Harry Styles's fling with Caroline Flack, who was 15 years older.

She told Fabulous magazine: 'I think there's something not right about Caroline and Harry's relationship.

'For me and Zayn it was different, because he was 18 so at least he could drive over to pick me up, we could go for a drink in a bar together and he was old enough to make his own decisions.

'But Harry is too young for that and there is so much more of an age gap between them.'

Rebecca also said in the interview that it was she that decided to end things and told Zayn it was over during a phonecall.

She explained: 'One day I just woke up and thought: "This isn't working for me."

'But when I meet a man I want to feel like he is with me 100 per cent. There shouldn't be any messing around... I'm not saying Zayn cheated.'


source:dailymail