'I feel pretty. I've had everything lasered!' Kim Kardashian tells Oprah of hair removal as she says Kanye romance is 'not a stunt'

Labels: ,

By Daily Mail Reporter


..She's admired by teenage girls the world over - a frightening notion for most parents.

But Kim Kardashian wants her fans to know looking this beautiful doesn't come easy.

The reality star, 31, says she works hard at being 'pretty', and has lasered just about everything on her body to achieve a flawless complexion.

But she's not all fake either.

Sitting down with Oprah Winfrey for the second of a two-part interview, Kim - in a more authentic format than audiences are accustomed to seeing her - opened up about what it's taken to build the Kardashian brand, and addressed speculation about her romance with Kanye West.

'I'm pretty!' Kim Kardashian shared details about her gruelling beauty regime as she sat down with Oprah Winfrey for the second part of her interview on Oprah's Next Chapter

Appearing on Oprah's Next Chapter, Kim, who famously steps out for the most mundane of errands with a full-face of make-up, told the media mogul it's in her nature as a 'girly-girl' to care the utmost about her appearance.

But, she's also her own worst critic.

Reluctant to describe herself as 'beautiful', she told Oprah: 'I hate to talk about myself like that. I'm so critical.

'But I do feel pretty,' she added.


Tough sell: Kim said she is her own worst critic, and doesn't describe herself as beautiful

Getting personal: The 31-year-old also opened up about her blossoming romance with Kanye West - but said she is apprehensive now about discussing her relationships

Expanding on the sacrifices her beauty regime requires, she added: 'It is a job. Gym everyday. I've lasered everything.'

The brunette explained that being religiously dedicated to keeping up appearances was a natural progression to launching her own make-up line; and she realises she has become somewhat of an idol for young women who admire her aesthetic.

During the hour-long interview, Kim acknowledged the world has also taken a keen interest as of late in her romance with rapper, and long-time friend, Kanye West.


Content: Kim said if she was to lose her reality show and fame now it would be 'well with my soul'


Getting real: Oprah Winfrey's interview with Kim at the Kardashian family home placed the star in a more authentic setting than audiences are accustomed to seeing her in the press

Relaxed: Kim was poised and appeared at ease with the TV mogul

Kim having sought solace in the arms of the rapper shortly after her doomed 72-day marriage to basketball star Kris Humphries last August, reports have suggested the pair are milking a fabricated relationship for publicity.

Having earlier denied her marriage with Humphries was a hoax, Kim has said she was left utterly depressed afterwards and insisting her fanbase was strong enough without having to stage drama for ratings.

'We met almost a decade ago,' Kim said of Kanye.

'We've known each other for a very long time. We've been friends for six or seven years,' she said, describing their relationship as 'comforting'.


New man: Kim began dating Kanye West shortly after her marriage to Kris Humphries fell apart


Living in 'reality': Kim vehemently denied playing up her relationship with Kanye for publicity

Splurge: Kim admitted buying Kanye a Lamborghini for his birthday this year

'I don't know why it took us so long to get together... I think we've always had an attraction to each other but we've always been in other relationships or it wasn't the right timing. And one day it just happened. It took me by surprise,' she explained.

She also vehemently denied playing up their relationship for publicity.

'It's your heart you're playing with. I couldn't sacrifice my heart for a publicity stunt,' she said.

It seems Kim was asking her fans - and critics - to have a little faith.

'But I think having him in my life right now, in this way, says so much about us,' she added, referencing the support he's offered her through her most recent ordeal.


Lessons learned: Kim alluded to her short-lived marriage to Kris Humphries, explaining how she has learned from their failed relationship

For the cameras? The star, with Kris, left, and sisters Kourtney (with son Mason), Khloe (centre) and Kendall (far right) denies her over-the-top nuptials last August were for ratings

Kim also clarified rumours the couple is moving in together, explaining she is moving out of her Los Angeles home to a property that offers more privacy - not into a home with Kanye.

But she's intent on having a happy ending, whether or not it's with the rapper.
'I want babies; I want my forever; I want my fairytale,' Kim said. 'And I believe you can have what you want.'

But if she was to lose it all now - the fame, the money and success - the reality star insists she would be at peace.


Behind the scenes: Kim, with sisters Kourtney, right, and Khloe, left, gets prepped by her glam squad for her interview with Oprah

The Kardashian clan: Oprah poses for a photo with the Kardashians and their spouses.

The TV mogul said she had to 'Kardashian Kram' for the family interview

'It would be so well with my soul,' she said. And to an audible scoff from critics, she added: 'This means nothing to me.'

She explained: 'I like to think of the brand (for my fans). Where before it was more, "I love make-up so I want a make-up line. It was more about me. And that was okay...

'But now what makes me happy in life doesn't have to do with "all the way me" - if that makes sense.'

VIDEO: Oprah speaks to the Kim Kardashian
Click here more detail




source:dailymail