What criticism? Carol Vorderman ignores her style doubters as she shows off her curves in ANOTHER figure-hugging dress

Labels:

By Sarah Bull


She's attracted criticism in recent months for dressing too young for her 51 years.

But Loose Women host Carol Vorderman is not letting her critics change her sense of style, stepping out yesterday wearing yet another figure-hugging dress.

The presenter looked stunning in the red outfit, which featured a thick black waistband and sleeve detailing, as she left the ITV studios yesterday.

Lady in red: Carol Vorderman ignored her style critics yesterday as she stepped out wearing a figure-hugging red dress

Carol teamed the dress with a pair of black opaque tights, ankle boots and a thick sheepskin jacket to keep her warm in the chilly temperatures.

Last year, Carol was forced to hit out at her style critics, after being accusing of being too old to wear skinny jeans.

She said at the time: 'If I told a 50-year-old man he had to wear baggy trousers and a golf sweater befitting his age, they’d think it was unfair and ridiculous.'

Winter chic: The 51-year-old teamed the dress with a pair of black opaque tights, ankle boots and a thick coat

'So why is it that a woman of 50 suddenly isn’t supposed to step out in jeans? It’s my school run outfit and I feel comfortable in it. I was amazed - and very amused - by the fuss it caused.'

And who could blame Carol for wanting to display her figure, considering she is in such great shape.

Talking previously about how she monitors her weight, Carol said: 'Although my weight does fluctuate, I don’t own a pair of scales. I judge my weight on a pair of ­trousers which are utterly unforgiving.

Screen star: Carol went for a smoky eye look as she hosted Loose Women yesterday afternoon

'They are green, satin and made by ­Versace. I wore them once for a show and they looked amazing.

'I’ve used these trousers to judge my weight for the past ten years. They fit nicely if I’m a size 8 to 10 - so if I can’t pull up the zip, fasten the top button or even get them over my bum, I know I need to diet.'

Carol added in a separate interview: 'I believe that as you get older, you become less concerned about looks.

'I see far too many young women fretting about their imperfections, not knowing what delights nature will thrust upon them as the mileometer clicks on.'


Causing a stir: Carol had attracted criticism last year for wearing skinny jeans



source:dailymail