'We had a communication relationship': MC Harvey's HUGE backtrack over 'secret romance with Cheryl Cole'

By Kirsty Mccormack


After revealing he had a relationship with Cheryl Cole in an interview last week, MC Harvey has changed his claims.

Speaking to Max on Choice FM's breakfast show earlier this week, the 32-year-old suggested that his side of the story had been fabricated.

'I will 100 per cent say that we had a communication relationship, but have I been out with her? No I haven't,' he said when asked about their relationship.

'We had a communication relationship': MC Harvey reveals on Choice FM that his claims about a romance with Cheryl Cole were fabricated

The DJ then went on to ask Harvey why he had even mentioned Cole in the interview, which prompted him to explain what was false about his claims.

'I did not say I would marry her. I've never been with her, I've never claimed to have a relationship with her, but the communication is not a lie.

'If I'd done that, I'd be lying to myself and lying to my family. If I'm saying was there communication with us, yes- for a good five months.'

Harvey continued to say that he had the 'look of horror' on his face when he went into the newsagents and saw the interview but admitted that he wanted to leave it at that.

'Look of horror': The 32-year-old revealed that he was shocked when he saw the magazine in a newsagents last week

However, in the days following the publication of interview, a Twitter feud broke out between Harvey and Cole, with the Girls Aloud singer saying: 'Was this "relationship" happening in your head @harveyofficial?! Are you smoking something?

'I was waiting for it to blow over, that's why I backed off,' Harvey continued to tell Max.

'But when she publicly went and done that, she brought it to the forefront as a battle, and me personally, that's your fault because I didn't wanna go on a public social network and give people what they want and entertain it but naturally as a person, when you done that, you put me in a corner.


Public battle: Harvey, pictured here last week, said he was willing to 'back off' until Cole brought it to the forefront on Twitter

'I'm not gonna sit here and start publicly grilling Cheryl Cole, because I don't have that hate in me - she's a good girl.

'She's got a team around her, she's worth a lot of money. So why are they gonna want her to be associated with someone like me that's got my track record?'

However, despite Harvey's backtrack, Now magazine have stood by the interview.

In a statement published on the magazine's website on February 2, they said: 'We completely and wholeheartedly stand by our exclusive and refute any accusation that it contains untruths.

'Michael Harvey himself released a statement earlier this week standing by what he revealed in his interview in Now magazine.

'The article is not defamatory and was published in good faith - we will strongly defend it.'



source:dailymail