It was word vomit! Cher Lloyd apologises for implying that former mentor Cheryl Cole relies on autotune to perform live

Labels: ,

By Holly Thomas


She opened a can of worms when she insinuated during a radio interview that her former X Factor mentor Cheryl Cole relies on autotune for her live performances.

But it seems following a somewhat hurt response from the singer, Cher has thought better of her harsh words.

The 18-year-old apologised during an appearance on Daybreak this morning, saying that her thoughtless comment was simply 'word vomit.'

Took it back: Cher Lloyd apologised on Daybreak this morning for her suggestion that Cheryl Cole relies on autotune during live performances

'Basically I said something on radio that I shouldn't have said and it wasn't intended to sound as bad as it did,' she told ITV's Daybreak.

'All I was saying was that I would love to perform with her live and then I made a little joke... I want to say sorry to her if she found that offensive.'

'At the end of the day, she was the person who got me where I am today. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be where I was,' Cher added.

The recently-engaged teenager insisted her youth was not an excuse for the gaffe.

Didn't mean to offend: Cher said that she had made a little joke that had been taken the wrong way

'I'm in the public eye now so word vomit isn't good,' she said.

Cher confessed that since her rise to fame, fears her mum worries too much over her wellbeing.

'She gets very frustrated, my mum, because she doesn't get to talk to me as much,' she divulged.

'I don't live at home anymore, so it can get really stressful for her and she's always worried about me.'

Showed she was grateful: Cher acknowledged that she wouldn't be where she is now without Cheryl

Turning to the camera, Cher joked: 'So mum I'm fine. I'm on the telly at the moment, so I'm fine, I'm safe, I'm doing alright.'

Let's hope that Cheryl accepts Cher's on-screen apology.

If the star hadn't taken a shine to Cher for being 'right up her street' at that first audition, she could still be an unknown student.

So it must have felt like a slap in the face for Cole to hear 18-year-old Cher's comments earlier this week, slamming her former mentor for allegedly not singing live during her performances.

Hurt: Cheryl Cole, who was the most enthusiastic over Cher's talent on the X Factor, said she should be careful who she kicks on the way up

Cheryl took to Twitter to hit back at the girl she once dubbed her 'mini-me', writing: 'Be Careful who you kick on your way up... They kick you twice as hard on your way back down.'

The Parachute singer added: 'Unappreciation is ugly.'

The scathing tweet comes after Swagger Jagger singer Cher appeared to make fun of Cole during an interview on the Real Breakfast for Real Radio North West show.

Swipe: Cher hit out against her former mentor suggesting she relies on autotune during an interview on the Real Breakfast for Real Radio North West show

Asked if she would ever perform with Cheryl, Cher replied: 'Maybe if she sings live with me!'

After she was then asked if she thought the prospect of singing live would be a difficult one for Cheryl, Cher replied: 'Well it is nowadays, when you haven’t got the nifty little button to press!'

Presenter Debbie Oubsey asked Cher if she meant that Cheryl was relying on autotune, to which the teen laughed (somewhat sarcastically): 'What, oh no? Never, never ever!'

Scathing: Cheryl Cole hit back at Cher Lloyd's comments on her not singing live

Cheryl famously caused controversy when she appeared to be singing over a pre-recorded backing track as she performed Fight For This Love on The X Factor back in 2009.

Cher's comments come after an interview with Fabulous magazine last weekend when she said she has not kept in touch with Cheryl during her time on the X Factor.

She said: 'Cheryl understood me and she helped me a lot and so it's sad that I haven't heard from her.

'But if she wants to give me a ring she can. If not, that's fine too.'


Frenemies: Cheryl once dubbed the teen her mini-me, but the relationship has soured since the X Factor



source:dailymail