'I wish I'd waited until I was 30 for marriage': Heavily pregnant Jennifer Garner speaks out about being a young bride

Labels:

By Sarah Fitzmaurice


Opening up: Jennifer Garner has revealed she regrets marrying her twenties

She is heavily pregnant with her third child to Ben Affleck but ahead of her 40th birthday Jennifer Garner has been reflecting on past experiences.

The actress, 39, who married actor Scott Foley when she was just 22-years-old has revealed that she regrets marrying so young.

Speaking to the Sun Jennifer said: ‘I wish I'd known to wait for marriage until I was 30 or over.

I did marry in my twenties and I found divorce a crushing experience.’

The marriage lasted just four years and the couple divorced in 2004.

Opening up about the experience Jennifer admitted it left her ‘beyond heartbroken,’ but added: ‘But I got up and got on with it. I also kept my belief in marriage.’

Shortly after her divorce from Foley, Jennifer began dating Ben Affleck and the couple married in June 2005.

The acting duo have two daughters together, Violet, six, and Seraphina, three, and they are currently expecting their third child who is due any day now.

In the newspaper interview Jennifer also spoke about her relationship with Affleck.


Mother incredible: The39-year-old actress who says she is looking forward to being 40 is currently heavily pregnant with her third child with husband Ben Affleck

Not long now: Jennifer was in great spirits as she bumped into a friend yesterday

She explained: ‘Ben is not only my husband, he has helped me in every way. He is the base of my life.

‘He is an incredibly loving and generous man. I expected he would be a great dad and he is. But what really surprised me was how, when something goes wrong, he is so much calmer than I am.’

Jennifer was seen heading for breakfast with her youngest daughter in Brentwood yesterday.


No slowing down: The actress revealed she is looking forward to turning 40-years-old in April

Happy family: Jennifer also spoke about Ben and said he was 'the base of my life' and a 'great dad'

The Butter actress and producer showed off her baby bump in a tight grey top which she teamed with a pair of baggy jeans and a dark grey knitted cardigan.

Little Seraphina was wearing a bright pink furry jacket and striped leggings.

Jennifer hasn't let her pregnancy get in the way of doing anything and despite the imminent arrival of her baby she has been seen running errands and helping out with parenting duty almost every day.


Time alone: Last month Ben and Jennifer were seen taking their dog for a walk



source:dailymail