'We are both beyond broken hearted': Katherine Jenkins and Gethin Jones call off their engagement

By Emily Sheridan


It's over: Katherine Jenkins and Gethin Jones have split up after four years together


Katherine Jenkins and Gethin Jones have called off their engagement.

The Welsh couple, who have been dating since 2007, have mutually decided to end their 11-month engagement.

The classical singer, 31, and TV presenter, 33, both revealed their split with simultaneous announcements on their Twitter pages.


Devastated Jenkins wrote: 'Sorry for being quiet of late, its just that I have some very sad news. Geth & I have decided to go our separate ways.

'We are both beyond broken hearted. All your hugs & support will be much appreciated xxx.'

And her ex-fiancé added: 'Hi everybody. I'm deeply sad to tell you that Kath and I have ended our relationship as a couple. We are both heart broken... Gx.'

The pair started dating in late 2007 after meeting on the set of Strictly Come Dancing, which Jones was participating in, while Jenkins was a guest performer.

The couple, who shared a £4.7million home in Richmond, South West London, announced their engagement in February after the presenter proposed with a £10,000 diamond ring in boat in Mexico the previous month.

In October, Jenkins told the MailOnline they were struggling to find time in their busy schedules to set a wedding date.

She said: '2012 is such a huge year, we’ve got the Olympics happening, the Queen’s Jubilee, my sister turns 30, there’s so many things happening that it doesn’t leave us with much time.

'We will do it, just not yet. There’s no rush. We will get round it.'

And in interview with the Mail On Sunday's You magazine a few weeks ago, Jenkins said she was looking forward to starting a family with her handsome boyfriend.

She enthused: 'I'd like to have a family of my own - slip away for a bit and do nothing but spend those early years with my children.

'I'd like to think I can come back, but I believe children are a gift and I want to enjoy them some time in the next few years. Gethin does too.'



source:dailymail