Finally bored of the floppy fringe? Justin Bieber debuts new spiky hairstyle as he reveals all about THAT duet with Mariah Carey

Labels:

By Holly Thomas


Scroll down to watch the video for Justin's latest single, Mistletoe

Ditched the old look: Justin Bieber has done away with his trademark haircut, and showed off a new style on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno yesterday


His swept-across fringe has been his trademark ever since he stormed onto the scene in 2009 with his debut single One Time.

But now it appears 17-year-old Justin Bieber has grown out of his signature style, as he debuted a new, spikier look on last night's Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

The teen superstar also took advantage of the opportunity to reveal all about his Christmas duet with Mariah Carey.

Justin teamed up with the iconic diva to revisit her Christmas Classic All I Want For Christmas Is You.

The song appears on Justin's first Christmas album, Under The Mistletoe, which is out today.

'Mariah Carey, she's super cool, It was cool because I got to do All I Want To For Christmas is You,' Justin enthused.

It wasn't all fun however, as it appears Mariah pulled some weight when it came to decisions about how they would record the number.

Breaking new ground: The singer is donating a proportion of the profits from his new album to charity- a first for a Universal record


'It was tricky. She has super high notes, and it wasn't like she was going to change the key for me, so I had to go in and do her key,' Justin explained.

'It was really hard, but we had to make it happen.'

The singer is planning to donate an undisclosed proportion of proceeds from the album to charity.

'Universal, my label, has never actually given money from an album to charity, so for them to do that was really amazing,' he revealed.

Cheeky: Justin admitted that when he was pulled over for speeding he asked the officer 'do you like my car?'


'We have this Believe charity drive that I started for my Christmas album,' he continued.

The cause is especially close to his heart, as he explained: 'We give to this food bank called the House Of Blessing, where I got food from when I was growing up. I was less fortunate, I didn't have a lot, so we used to go there every Christmas.'

'My Mum used to do it and then come back, I didn't know she used to go to the food bank,' Justin said.

Latest project: Justin described what it was like to record Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You alongside the diva herself


On a more lighthearted note, Justin went on to describe the best Christmas he can remember.

'On my greatest Christmas I got my first two-wheeler bike, which was red with a red bow on it. But there was a bunch of now and ice so I couldn't ride it, I had to just watch it until the snow went away. It was torture,' he said.

The teen also chatted about his infamous new 'Batmobile'- his new Cadillac, which has been painted black with Batman signs on it.

New look: Justin is already sporting a more grown-up style than he did earlier this year at the Never Say Never Paris premiere in February


Asked whether he was into Batman for the comic books or the movies, a grinning Justin quipped: 'I like both, but I'm really into just the car.'

Justin admitted to a ticket for speeding, saying he wasn't going too fast, but he was 'in a construction zone.'

He recalled that when he was pulled over, the officer asked him 'Do you know why I've pulled you over?' to which he replied 'I don't know, do you like my car? That wasn't the right answer...'

Romantic: Justin described how he reserved the whole Staples Centre for a date with his girlfriend Selena Gomez


To shrieks of glee from the audience, the star also described the occasion when he hired out the entire Staples centre to have dinner and then watch Titanic with Selena Gomez.

And finally on a more seasonal subject, Justin remembered the last time he celebrated Halloween as a 'normal' kid.

'I went trick or treating when I was 14, 15. I was a clown,' he said.

Under The Mistletoe is available to download today.




source:dailymail