The Saturdays Una Healy expecting a little 'scrum' with rugby player Ben Foden

Labels: ,

By Emily Sheridan


Baby joy: The Saturdays Una Healy and her rugby player boyfriend Ben Foden, pictured last month, are expecting their first child together


It was just six months ago England rugby star Ben Foden declared he wanted 'lots of children' with his pop star girlfriend Una Healy.

So it's just as well the couple have announced they are expecting their first baby together.

The Saturdays singer, 29, has revealed she is just under three months pregnant.


The Irish star told the Daily Mirror: 'I’m really happy! It was totally unexpected, but me and Ben are really excited.'

Healy made the announcement as the father-to-be is currently in New Zealand with the England rugby team for the World Cup.

In a group statement, her bandmates Rochelle Wiseman, Vanessa White, Mollie King and Frankie Sandford said: 'We’re so excited for Una! We can’t wait to have a sixth Saturday.

'Ben and Una are going to be fab parents.'

Playing it coy: Healy's baby bump was hidden under frilly detail in her madamrage.com dress as she left ITV studios last week


On Wednesday, Healy tweeted she was briefly popping home to Tipperary to visit her parents - presumably to tell them they're were going to be grandparents.

Healy and Foden, 26, started dating in 2008 when his agent approached her on the rugby player's behalf.

She said in 2009: 'Ben's agent got in touch with my agent who then sent me an email asking if I'd like to meet with him.

‘I really thought it was some kind of joke. It certainly wasn't the way I expected to meet a guy.

Waiting for a sixth member: Healy's bandmates (L-R) Frankie Sandford, Rochelle Wiseman, Vanessa White and Mollie King are excited


'I was the only single girl in the band for ages - I always hated getting asked about it, so it was a nice surprise to have someone get in touch like that when I was least expecting it.'

In March, Foden admitted he was planning to ask Healy to marry him.

He said: 'I am planning to go down on one knee during the next few weeks. It won't come as a total surprise because we've been discussing marriage for some time. It will happen and I want lots of children.'

The Saturdays are currently No.3 in the UK charts with their dance anthem All Fired Up.



source:dailymail